A Week of Regrouping and Anticipating

Monday, November 30, 2009 by Jen · 0 comments

So I've been absent from this blog for a few weeks now--sorry about that! If I was more organized and followed a schedule better, the long absence would be avoidable, but that's just not how my life works, and that's just fine with me. I'm trying to NOT have an "all or nothing" philosophy, so even though I don't post always, I'm just going to post when it works! There will probably be absences from posting again. . . so it goes. I'm just going to write what I want to write. And right now, I have something to say, and the time to say it, so here I am!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Because my husband was supposed to work on Thanksgiving, we had a smaller celebration with just my parents in our home. I cooked the potatoes and turkey the day before and reheated in crock pots--worked great! It was a really relaxing day!

I did shop on Black Friday, but not until later in the morning. I got quite a few things on my shopping list, but missed a few deals, which were already gone. Mainly I had a nice time shopping with my Mom. On Sunday, I also went and picked up a hamster cage that I found on Craigslist. My daughter wants a Husky dog for Christmas--so not going to happen! But we thought she might be happy with a hamster named Huskie. A month or so ago, we took care of our preschool's hamster for the weekend, and the kids had tons of fun with it!

So this week, I'm trying to regroup and get ready for Christmas--making my lists. In Minnesota, we've had unseasonably warm weather, so it just doesn't feel like the Christmas season yet. But with this first week of Advent, I feel ready for a time of "active anticipation" where we prepare our hearts and home for the Jesus birthday. It's going to be a great Christmas

Wishing you a great week of returned routines with perhaps some Christmas anticipation!




Comments

0 comments to "A Week of Regrouping and Anticipating"

Let Me Know What You Think!

You are free to comment anonymously, but it is so much nicer to know who I am talking to. So select Name/URL below (leave URL blank if you like), and share your question/comment--I look forward to hearing what you have to say! Thanks for reading!